
We have a showing at noon today, so Mommy spent the morning picking up, then we headed over to Gianna and Kenadee's for playgroup! At one point Safina was hanging over the gate (room divider) and was yelling "Gianna, where are you??" and then you hear Gianna yell back "hold on a minute, I am getting my diaper changed!" It was so cute how they were talking to each other and were excited to play together! After Safina's nap, Daddy, Mommy and Safina went Christmas shopping (we are almost done!). Then we had dinner at Red Robin. Safina was so cute, and behaved so nicely for us. She loved the cupcake dessert, and then she got to pick out a balloon to take home, and she just loved having it tied to her wrist.
Day 385: December 2, 2010

Lazy lazy day! We baked cookies and stayed in our pajamas! After Safina's nap (which consisted of her yelling and talking in her crib for an hour), we cleaned up and made another batch of cookies. Then Jamie and Erin came over for dinner and Aunt Laurel joined us later. Aunt Laurel got to hang out with Safina tonight, while Mommy went paint some pottery with the Mom's group! Mommy had a blast with the ladies! I will get my project back next week (totally forgot to take pics).
Day 386: December 3, 2010


trimming the tree!
Day 387: December 4, 2010

Photo shoot in the morning, then a fun afternoon hanging out at home. Then off to Gigi's house for a sleepover while Mommy and Daddy go to game night at Jamie & Kurt's house! Mommy and Daddy had a blast playing games and drinking massive amounts of wine! :)
Day 388: December 5, 2010

Mommy picked up Safina from Gigi's this morning. They were having a ball up in Safina's room making stairs out of blocks and having each of her animals climbing up the stairs then jumping onto the bed! She was laughing hysterically! She also loves watching herself in the mirror that is on the floor in her room. So cute! We headed home and Safina went down for a nap. Then Mommy went to lunch with some girlfriends and then did some shopping at the mall. Daddy and "the nert" went to My Tomato Pie to watch the football game. Safina had a blast hanging out with Daddy, and he enjoyed it just as much! Then home for some snuggles and bed!
Day 389: December 6, 2010


Today Safina and I shoveled the driveway for the first time this year. She had a ball jumping in the snow while mommy was hard at work! She was frozen when I had just finished, so the timing was perfect. We went inside and got cleaned up and then headed to the mall. Today was a special day. Mommy took Safina to see her first real movie in the theater! We saw Tangled (a Disney movie about Rapunzel). It was really cute. Before we went I kept making a big deal about it and how we were going to get popcorn. She was very excited. She kept saying "Movie, Popcorn!" We got our ticket and found seats and hunkered down for the movie. She Loved being a big girl and eating popcorn. She was mesmerized by the big screen, and loved all the action. I think I spent half of the movie watching her. It was so fun, and I loved having a fun Mommy/Daughter outing!
Day 390: December 7, 2010


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!! Yay! Today we wished Daddy a happy birthday as he went off to work, then we got ready for a playgroup at our house. It was a small group, but I am starting to think they play better that way! Noah an "older" boy (he's 3) was here and Safina and Malloy were following him around! They were running all over and having a blast! After Safina's nap we ran to the grocery store to get ready for Daddy's Birthday dinner! My family came over and we had a yummy meal and a nice visit and celebrated! Safina LOVES her uncles and aunts. Her uncles chase her around and rough house with her and she LOVES IT!!!
Day 391: December 8, 2010


Busy day. Tried to get Safina's Christmas Pictures this morning, but she wasn't cooperating. Then we had playgroup at Gianna and Kenadee's, where the girls made adorable foam stockings! So cute! Then we headed out to Amanda's house where Safina played with Olivia and we had a great visit! After that we headed home and just snuggled up and read books for the evening.
Day 392: December 9, 2010


DELICIOUS! This is Safina's new word. She also calls herself "Cena". She has been very trying lately, but she is talking up a storm and learning and growing so fast!
Day 393: December 10, 2010

Daddy hung out with Safina this morning while Mommy went to the dentist. When Mommy got home we headed to our friend Charlotte's house! Safina had a blast playing with her friends! When we got home, Grandma joined us to hang out for a bit, then Mommy and Daddy went out! Dinner and Bowling with friends! We had a blast!
Day 394: December 11, 2010


Off to the gym this morning. Safina loves hanging out the the teachers there. She didn't want to leave. After a quick trip to Wegman's we headed home and had a surprise visit from Ida and Madelyn, which was nice! Safina also made Mommy proud by doing a photoshoot with her baby! She would pose her then say "cheese", and use a camera, or a box to take the picture! Then Gigi came over to watch Safina while Tony and I went to a holiday party at the Seneca Niagara Casino.
Day 395: December 12, 2010


Busy morning cleaning up the house and wrapping presents and doing laundry! In the afternoon Tony's family came over for pizza, salad and a ice cream sundae bar to celebrate Tony's birthday! We had a great visit and Safina loved playing with the kids. She was playing hide and seek with the kids and was loving it. After they left she ran and hid behind the couch and I said "where'd Safina go" (b/c I really didn't know where she was) then all the sudden she pops up and shouts "over here!" It was so cute!
Day 396: December 13, 2010


Safina is really into teaching her stuffed animals and baby dolls. She will take them around and show them the couch and tell them "no pee on couch". Then take them over to the tv and say "no touch tv". It is hysterical. She also is really into taking care of her baby. She takes her for walks, puts her to bed, has her sit in her booster chair to eat. She loves taking care of her!
Day 397: December 14, 2010

Cleaned the house for a showing today, then dropped Safina off at Giana and Kenadee's for a playdate while I finished up my Christmas shopping. I got it finished and it feels so good! When I picked up Safina she had done all kinds of fun crafts. One thing they made was a snowman ornament, which I hung above her car seat in the car. So the whole way home she kept saying "Hi Snowman. Nice headband." She would have conversations with him, it was adorable.
So Safina decided not to take a nap, and she was making all kinds of noise, and I was just waiting for her to finally fall asleep. Finally I hear "Mommeeeee, Mommeeee... get down". So I headed up the stairs to see what was going on and she managed to climb out of her crib onto the changing table. then found her baby powder, opened it and continued to pour/shake and douse everything (including herself) with it. what a mess! Not sure she got the message that it was wrong, b/c it was pretty hilarous! OH GOD!
Day 398: December 15, 2010

Safina was able to try something new today! We went to Flips for her first gymnastics class! She had a ball, but didn't like it when I left her. I hope she gets over that fast! After class we went to Toys R Us where I had to exchange something for Safina for Christmas (so sad to think this is probably the last year I can do this without her realizing what is going on). After nap we played, danced, and baked cookies! She is so much fun!
It is also really cold outside and instead of saying "brrr" she says "burrrrrpp!" it is too cute!
Day 399: December 16, 2010

Safina remembers things so well. She now takes to sitting and reading her books to herself, out loud. She gets some of right, but it is just so sweet how she tells herself the story. Our buddy Malloy came over to play today, and the girls played so nicely together.
In the afternoon we picked up Gigi so she could get her car. So we had a nice little quick visit with her. Then headed home, for Uncle Andrew's visit. He watched Safina while Mommy went to a cookie exchange (and Daddy had basketball).
*ignore the extreme blurriness. I had uncooperative subject matter ;)*
Day 400: December 17, 2010


We had our friends over for a playdate today. We had so much fun, and they are starting to play together so nicely. After nap we went to the grocery store with Daddy and we had a fun time as a family! Later on Safina and I snuggled and read books and she was so cute, getting excited and trying to read too! She was drinking her milk at the time and she would "feed" the people in the books too, it was pretty funny! We also watched one of her shows and she got so excited. She is such an animated kid, and she would say the lines for the show, and get all scared/sad/happy/surprised or whatever it called for!
Day 401: December 18, 2010

"Thanks!" "No, Thank you" That is my polite little girl. I love how she just throws a "thanks" (at appropriate times) but it isn't a thank you, just a "THANKS!"
She has also started saying no thank you when you offer her something she doesn't want. Too funny!
Day 402: December 19, 2010

Totally lazy day! We didn't do anything, and it was awesome! Safina got to open an early Christmas gift. She got the Memory Game! So we played that as a family for a little bit before she went to bed. She is a smart chick!
Day 403: December 20, 2010

This morning we went to Gianna and Kenadee's for a playdate! We had a wonderful time, even though the girls didn't do so well with sharing. It was kind of a war zone.
Safina has some new catch phrases, such as: "Here, try these!" "umm... let's see" "I hear it!" and I know there are more, but I can't think of them.
Day 404: December 21, 2010

painting for xmas gifts, playing memory, just enjoying each other! I love my little girl!
Day 405: December 22, 2010

We went to visit Gigi at work today! We had a great visit and enjoyed meeting all the nice people, and Safina loved showing me the fish and the birds! When we were looking at the fish, I said remember what the fish say and I made the fish kissy face and said "pop pop". So she did it, but got right up to the glass and was "talking" to the fish, and they would swim away and she would say "Come back, pop pop!" It was hysterical!
Day 406: December 23, 2010

So excited! Christmas is getting close! If only I didn't have this cold.
Safina has started watching Angelina Ballerina and she calls her "Angweena Banana" and twirls around! It is adorable.
Day 407: December 24, 2010


Merry Christmas Eve!
What a busy day we had! Brunch at Gigi's for our Christmas. We had yummy food, and wonderful gifts! And above all else, a wonderful visit with my family!
After that we headed to Tony's Aunt's house for dinner and mass! We had a great time, but Safina did not behave during mass. Then home for bed cause Santa is coming!
Day 408: December 25, 2010



Merry Christmas! We slept till 8:30am this morning, thank God! A busy morning of opening gifts and playing with our new toys. Gigi stopped by for a bit to play with Safina, then we headed off to Papa's house to do more presents! We had a nice visit with them and then headed to Gigi's for a yummy Christmas dinner!
Another event has come and gone, and once again I have not gotten a good picture or even a single picture of us as a family. This time I blame it on being sick. I am so truly bummed. I really want some family pictures of the three of us.
Day 409: December 26, 2010



Cleaning up, relaxing, and playing with our new gadgets! What a wonderful Christmas! Now if I could just get rid of this cold!
Day 410: December 27, 2010

Life back to normal. Just with more stuff around! I am actually surprised with myself, I am itching to put all the Christmas decorations away, but I normally wait for a week or two after New Years, but this year, I am just wanting to put it all away, not sure why. I am trying to hold off.
The snow is falling today and it is the large snowflakes that float and dance around like you are part of a snow globe. I love just watching it. So magical!
Day 411: December 28, 2010

"Freezin, Momma where slippers. Cena freezin!" She loves telling us that she is "freezin".
Day 412: December 29, 2010

Independent play is our new skill! Safina is really starting to play by herself and invent little stories and has a dialog with her "people and babies". It is so sweet!
Day 413: December 30, 2010



Safina and I hung out at home today. I love how she says momma at the end of everything: "please momma" "thank you momma" "sorry momma" "milk please momma"
LOVE HER!
Day 414: December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!
We had a fun family day, running errands, looking for new bed frames and a fun lunch at Applebee's! Safina did so well and really loved spending the day with Mom and Dad! She is such a good girl! Spent the evening hanging out, then Ida came over for a lesson on her new camera! After that Tony and I played wii and did a dancing game and it was a riot! Then we crashed early! Looking forward to a fun and healthy 2011!
*photo by Ida*

I've been published!
ReplyDeleteI love the shot of Safina eating at the dining room table from the living room.
And the Christmas light bokeh!
ReplyDelete