


Happy Birthday to Mommy! Today was a pretty normal day. Safina and I hung out and got Thai food for lunch, super yummy! Daddy came home with a sweet card and a gift card to Borders, YAY more books! I can't wait to go pick some out! Then off to the new member meeting for the new mom's in our group.
Day 355: November 2, 2010


my little monkey! She says "Safina, monkey, climb" and she tries to climb up the wall. She always picks this one spot too!
Day 356: November 3, 2010

"What doing?" "What that?" "I do it, ugh, help, mommy do it"
These are a few of the new phrases that Safina is saying. She is always wondering what we are doing, and even after you answer her, she asks again. She is so curious!
Very early this morning mommy had a pre-surgery appointment so Little Miss went to William's to play. Then after the appointment, Safina and mommy went to a fun playgroup! Then an afternoon grocery shop and then we snuggled at home.
*this picture is from our visit to papa's house, where Safina terrorized the cat*
Day 357: November 4, 2010

This morning we headed over to William and Madelyn's for a playdate. Miss Safina was a terrible sharer so she was in time out twice within 20 minutes of getting there. She ended up doing better, but it was tough.
Later on a friend from Tony's Optometry School came over to get pictures done of her little man, and boy is he adorable!
A quiet evening at home rounded out our day!
Day 358: November 5, 2010



Have a Hoot! We had a hoot party today at our house! We had yummy owl snacks and then made little owls out of paper! We had a great time playing with all our friends and really enjoyed the art project! After the chaos and Safina's nap, we headed out to Hamburg to visit Papa! Safina had fun looking for and chasing their cat around, and then we went to the restaurant for dinner. So yummy! Safina tore up the dance floor! She loves spinning and jumping on it! We had a great visit with Papa!
Day 359: November 6, 2010

Uncle Andrew came over to keep Safina busy while I cleaned the house this morning. Safina had a great time chasing and being chased by her uncle! I loved listening to their conversations and screams of laughter as he chased her! So fun! Then Safina refused to nap while Mommy had a photo shoot. Then a quiet afternoon before we headed to Niagara Falls for dinner with Tony's mom.
Day 360: November 7, 2010

Breakfast brunch at Gigi's to celebrate mommy's birthday. We had a really delicious breakfast and some yummy mimosas! We had a nice visit with my brothers and their ladies and of course Gigi! We ran a few errands in the afternoon, since there was an open house at our house. Then a quiet evening at home. Safina and I watched Toy Story 3 while daddy snoozed. Then we played with dolly. Safina was so cute, she was dancing with baby, changing her diaper (which she would proudly announce "change, diaper yucky!"), she even did row row row a boat with baby. I got it all on video. She is so adorable!
Day 361: November 8, 2010

Photo shoot this morning with our friends Gianna and Kenadee! Such adorable girls! Safina did really well being "caged" while the girls got their pictures taken. After nap we ran a few more errands, mommy is getting nervous about her surgery which is Wednesday morning. But to blow off some steam, Mommy went out for martinis with some girlfriends! So fun!
Day 362: November 9, 2010

Mommy received a sweet delivery today from her friends in the mommy group! They are so sweet! Pretty "Get well soon, things will go great" Flowers!
Getting stuff done around the house and spending some quality time with my little one. I am dropping her off at Nonnie's tonight for a few days and then on to Gigi's. I miss my little angel already. Her new word of the day is delicious. We were looking at a book with a cake and she goes "mommy, cake, delicious, mmmmmm". too cute!
Gigi took me to a light dinner and a movie to keep my mind off the surgery tomorrow. It was a nice night out, thanks Gigi!
Day 363: November 10, 2010

Well Tony and I got up really early today, we were at the hospital at 5:30am. Nerves kicking in hardcore, but I did pretty well. I remember being wheeled into the operating room, moving me to the surgical table and I don't even remember putting my head down. Next thing I know I am in a recovery room wanting to do 15 things at once. I kept falling in and out of sleep, and was really groggy. Next thing I know, they are popping me up and saying I am good to go home. The whole day was a complete blur, I slept most of it away, and just layed with my eyes closed for the other part. I am pooped.
*my savior! I have never loved my bed more than today!*
Day 364: November 11, 2010

Pretty out of it still. Sleeping tons. Missing Safina tons, but enjoying the quiet. Slept most of today as well. The drugs have me so loopy, it is a headache to try and stay awake.
Day 365: November 12, 2010

YAY! 365 days! I have successfully completed the blog for a full year! I am loving this routine as well and plan on continuing it. Just so proud of myself for sticking to it!
Day 366: November 13, 2010

I am doing much better today. I stopped taking the heavy drugs b/c they just made me so loopy, I hated it. Now I am a little more sore, but at least I have my head about me! Worked on a Thanksgiving project this morning! Hoping to get some editing done later today. Feeling better! Can't wait to see my little girl!
Day 367: November 14, 2010


Doing really well. Moving so much better today! Made breakfast and did the dishes, and decided to take Safina Christmas shopping. We found a couple things we wanted and a few we didn't. On the way home I found a cool piece of furniture on the side of the road. So I stopped and checked it out, yup, I want it! So I called in reinforcements (Uncle Andrew) and he drove by to help me get it in the mini van. Now we just have to get it out. I hope it is as cool as I think once it is on stable ground. Now to figure out what to do with it.
option A: clean it up, sand and varnish it.
option B: clean it up, paint it off white then sand it to look shabby chic.
option C: clean it up, paint it black then sand it down a bit.
option D: clean it up, paint it a funky color.
Suggestions??
Day 368: November 15, 2010

"Mommy, boo boo, I see?" "Now doggie see?" So I lift up my shirt to show her my boo boos and she holds up doggie so he can see too!
We went to Malloy and Rex's this morning and had a fun time with our friends! She missed them (and I missed the mommies). I am doing really well today which is great. I can't wait to be fully functional again.
In the afternoon we joined William and Madelyn at the park to play. I was trying to get her to burn off some energy, but she was so cold we didn't get to play long.
Day 369: November 16, 2010

We continue our morning inspection of mommy's boo boos! So cute. She is my little nurse. Today we had a photo shoot in the morning. Then just hung out the rest of the day. Played with playdoh and our dolly! We had a picnic and a dance party! Just had fun staying home!
Day 370: November 17, 2010


We went to visit Great Grandma today and Aunt Mary Jean and Aunt Anne. We had a nice visit and Safina LOVED watching the birdies out the window. She would point to them and then show Grandma the birds on her book and she would try to show her which one she saw. We had a really nice visit. Then headed home. Safina decided no nap was needed today, so we just hung out. Then we got a fun call from Ida and William and Madelyn came over to play! We love our buddies!
Day 371: November 18, 2010


Happy Thanksgiving (well not really)! We had a thanksgiving party at Gianna's today! Safina had so much fun, and we all loved the food preview for the real thanksgiving next week! SO yummy! Everyone brought yummy things! After lunch Safina, Gianna and Malloy snuck in the other room and were playing so nicely without our supervision that we joked about getting a video monitor and just hanging out in the other room when they played. They were playing so nicely today! Yay Friends!
Day 372: November 19, 2010


Daddy was home today and hung out with Safina while Mommy had a photo shoot. Then later in the afternoon we went to Mommy's doctors appointment. It was a follow up to the surgery to check on the incisions. I explained to Safina that we were going to the Doctor, but for Mommy. We get into the exam room, and she sees the table with paper that you sit on and she goes over and pats the table saying "mommy, sit, lay down". So I go sit on the table, and then when the Doctor asks me to lay down, Safina looks at me and says "don't cry Mommy, don't cry" The Doctor then says that Mommy will get a sucker if she is good, and Safina says "yes". It was so cute. Everything looks good, so I am healing well. Off to dinner at Outback for some family time. Then after dinner Mommy got a night out. My friend Erin and I headed to Jamie's for a fun night of drinks, food and movies! We had a great night. I needed that so much!
Day 373: November 20, 2010


Busy day today. I have three photo shoots! Daddy and Safina are hanging out together and went to help Brian and Denise for a little bit. What a crazy day! Safina had fun playing with Ava and kept asking her to take her picture. Later on we celebrated Uncle Kyle's Birthday (the way she says it sounds more like Ky-el). So Gigi made a yummy lasagna and we had everyone over at our house. Safina had a ball playing with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah and helping him open his presents and blow out his candles. We had such a nice visit! Happy Early Birthday Uncle Kyle!
Day 374: November 21, 2010


NO PLANS TODAY! We have a whole day and not one plan! This is fabulous, but we don't know what to do with ourselves. We went for a walk at the park, but it was pretty chilly so we didn't go too far. Then we went to Target and then lunch at Panera. Safina is getting a cold, so we headed home for her to take a nap. Then we just hung out the rest of the night. Didn't really do anything just hung out. Safina is obsessed with feeding her babies (and us) so she was "making" things in the kitchen and feeding us.
Day 375: November 22, 2010

Safina is starting to get a cold. Yay! Not really... we have gotten so many colds this year already, so annoying! We hung at home during the morning, then Mommy had a photo shoot in the afternoon. Followed by a nice quiet evening!
Day 376: November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Uncle Kyle! We love you! We hung out at home today. Safina has a cold so I am trying to get her better. So we just laid low. She did say "Hapty Birtday Ky-el" at one point during the day, and I said, yes today is his birthday, but he is at work, we will call him later. Of course I totally forgot! Sorry Kyle, hope you had a great day! Hugs!
Day 377: November 24, 2010

Daddy is working late today so he hung out this morning with us. While daddy was going potty, Safina walked in on him (there is no privacy in this house). Well Safina decided that was how she was going to go potty. So now she walks up to the toilet and lifts her shirt and says "pee pee, tummy". UH OH!!!! Let's hope she forgets! (it is hysterical though!)
Day 378: November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day! We had a wonderful day! Yummy Turkey dinner and a fun visit with my brothers and their girls and of course Gigi and her friend Sue! We had a nice relaxing day and just enjoyed each others company. We are so truly blessed with all that we have! There is so much to be thankful for!
Day 379: November 26, 2010

Busy day! Two more photo shoots today. Miss Safina hung out with daddy and even got to play with a few of our guests! We had our annual cousins dinner tonight but only Juliet was able to make it. It was nice to catch up with her, but we missed everyone else. Safina had fun getting chased and tickled by Juliet (and her Uncle Kyle).
Day 380: November 27, 2010

Another photo shoot this morning then off to Daddy's side of the family for our second Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful meal and a great visit. We even went bowling, and Safina bowled for the first time! She was totally into it, and loved running around, but it got late fast and she was fading, so we had to call it an early night! But what a great time! I know it meant a lot to daddy to get to share one of his favorite sports with his daughter!
Day 381: November 28, 2010




Our Annual Christmas Tree Hunting Day! This is our 3rd (or 4th) year in a row going out to Bird Haven Christmas Tree Farm to cut down our Christmas trees with Uncle Sam and Aunt Laurel! We had such a blast and Safina really loved it! She had fun in the snow, and loved the sled! I think this was my favorite year so far! We even grabbed a tree for Gigi and delivered it before Safina crashed!
Day 382: November 29, 2010


Testing my limits today! Safina had such a fabulous weekend that she had to really make sure mommy was paying attention. What a day! She drew on the couch with pen, wouldn't eat anything healthy, threw a fit when we went to the gym, pulled all of her wipes out of the box while she was supposed to be napping... Mommy needs a glass of wine!
Day 383: November 30, 2010


A visit to the grocery store was our morning outing. Then we met up with William and Madelyn at McDonalds for lunch and the kids got to play! It was a nice visit and the kids had fun! Then Malloy and Rex came over in the afternoon to get their Christmas photos done! Afterwards Malloy and Safina were jumping on our bed. It was so cute! They were in heaven! Then Grandma came over and we had a nice dinner and visit!

No comments:
Post a Comment