Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 2011

Day 416: January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Snuggled up as a family today! Then Safina went to Gigi's house for the night and Mommy and Daddy were able to go out with some friends! What a great time! We went to Zebbs and then played wii!

Day 417: January 2, 2011

Safina came home from Gigi's and was upset to be left here. She loves hanging at Gigi's. So we headed to the grocery store, since we have no food in the house. After a nice long nap we had a quiet evening at home!

Day 417: January 3, 2011


Lovely visit with our friends this morning. Then Safina's first gymnastics class in the afternoon. Here are some facts about class:

Coach: Taryn
Team: 5 little girls (one of them being our good buddy Gianna)
Goals: stretch, balance beam, floor work with ribbon, trampoline, foam pit
Achievement: green stamp on hand at end of class!

She had a great time and did really well, I see her only getting better as time goes on! She made me so proud! I can't believe how big she is getting! My baby! WHAAA!!!!

Day 418: January 4, 2011

Stayed home all day waiting for the UPS man. I got my new camera body today, and I am SO EXCITED! I love it, just need to play with it more! Grandma B came over for a dinner and a visit tonight, and Safina had a blast with her! It was a fun evening! I love hearing Safina say "Grandma" it is too cute!

Day 419: January 5, 2011

Daddy had off today, so Mommy got her hair cut while Safina hung out with Daddy! Mommy had a coupon for Toys R Us so she stopped on the way home and got Safina a doctors kit. She loves giving her baby doll shots. I guess she is really sick ;) I love how she says "Don't cry sweetheart" to her dolly. Sweetheart is her new word. I love hearing her talk to hear baby doll and calling her sweetheart!

*here is my free (on the side of the road) furniture piece that we are staining!*

Day 420: January 6, 2011




Today we had a fun playdoh playdate! I made playdoh from scratch and made little containers for our friends to take home. We had a very nice visit! Safina LOVES playing with the playdoh! She will sit for hours, very focused!

Day 421: January 7, 2011

Busy day! Dentist appointment for Mommy, chiropractor appointment for Daddy, then clean the house for a showing. While we were "kicked" out of the house we ran a bunch of errands and just had a fun family day! Safina loves hanging out with her Mommy and Daddy!

Day 422: January 8, 2011

"I love you!" She is spontaneously telling people she loves them, and it is adorable! We had a fun photoshoot today for Valentine's Day and Safina jumped in on the action!

Day 423: January 9, 2011

What a day! Our new King Size Sleep Number Bed came in the mail yesterday, so we spent all day re-arranging furniture and cleaning and taking a bed and frame to Gigi's house. We are exhausted. The new mattress is set up, but we don't have a frame yet, it should be coming in the next few days! So exciting!

After Safina's nap, I went up to get her, and she goes "shhh mommy, doggy, birdy, and lamb sleepin". then she pulls back her blanket, and there are all her animals lined up in a row. She then grabs them one at a time, rocks them in her arms and says "awake!" So stinkin' cute!

Day 424: January 10, 2011




Playdate with our friends this morning. I didn't get good shots of everyone, but here are a few! Love all of these kiddos (even the ones not pictured)!

*I am also loving my new camera!*

Day 425: January 11, 2011

Today is 1.11.11! Cool! We headed to the gym today, Mommy got a good workout, and Safina had fun playing with the kids. Then we ran a few errands then home to crash! Safina is starting to be my little motor mouth! She talks constantly even if no one is listening!

Day 426: January 12, 2011

Daddy was home with us in the morning. Safina is getting a cold (so we had to cancel our playdate), so Daddy stayed home with Safina and Mommy ran to get the oil changed and return something. Then we waited for our new bed frame to come so we could set up our bedroom. It has been driving me nuts! Meanwhile Safina was up in her room "sleeping" more like talking to herself for over an hour! Finally she fell asleep. When she woke up we picked up Aunt Sarah and went to TJ Maxx and JoAnns. Mommy scored some new bedside tables for $50 a piece, a new throw blanket for $10, and a new pair of new balance sneakers for $20! After we dropped Sarah off we headed to a chinese buffet for dinner with Uncle Andrew. It was so nice to catch up with him! What a fun and busy day.

Day 427: January 13, 2011


"Thank you William" The kids play so nice together! We had our buddies over for a playdate and some pictures! Safina and William were so cute asking each other for help, and sharing things. Toddlers play nicer one on one then in larger groups is what I am finding out!

Day 428: January 14, 2011

Busy day! Doctors appointment for Mommy; Daddy and Safina came along so we could run errands after. Apparently when I was in the exam room, Safina asked where I was and Daddy said "Mommy is seeing the doctor" and Safina replies "Mommy ouchie!"

We then headed to Restore which is a habitat for humanity reuse center for house stuff, and found a cool door for a headboard for our new bed! So excited.

Then we had an impromptu dinner at Root Five with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah, so delicious, what a great time! Safina was so well behaved and we actually had a couple come up to compliment us on how well she did. What a busy day, I am whipped!

Day 429: January 15, 2011

"Friends, doggy and penguin, are friends. Look hugging!" and then she mashes them together! SO cute!

Day 430: January 16, 2011

Open House today, so busy cleaning the house, then getting out of the way. We went out to lunch at Applebee's, then headed to Old Navy for some killer deals, then to lowes to get some supplies for a couple projects we are working on (the door headboard, and a blanket ladder). Then we headed over to Uncle Andrews for a quick visit! Safina loved torturing Beau and Tata (she can't say Tatum). Those kitties see her and just hide! Then later on Mommy tried a new cookie recipe. Whoopie pies (sort of). They were fun, and were quite yummy!

Day 431: January 17, 2011


"Awesome" is one of her new words, and she seems to be using it correctly. Aunt Jojo came to play today and came to watch Safina at Gymnastics! She loved playing with her Aunt Jojo.

Day 432: January 18, 2011


Our buddies William and Madelyn came over today! They played doctor (isn't it too early for that!?!?) and ring around the rosy! They had so much fun!

"Aw Crap!" Yes my daughter spoke these words! Where did she learn them? Dear old dad! He needs to start watching what he says! But it was pretty funny!

Day 433: January 19, 2011

We had a fun playgroup this morning at our house. Safina loves interacting with her friends now and it is so cute! Later on we ran some errands with Daddy and we stopped at Toys R Us to look for something, but they didn't have it, and we bought Safina a toy dog, and we named it Buddy. The whole way home she would point him out the window and say "Look Buddy, the road" "Look Buddy, cars" "Look Buddy, lights" It was so cute. Then we went to Gigi's for dinner and game night! Safina did really well playing bananagrams with us!

Day 434: January 20, 2011

Today Mommy was giving Daddy a hug and kiss and Safina says "What doing Mommy?" and I reply "Giving Daddy a hug and kiss, because I love him!" to which she replies "Oh, AWESOME!" then runs off giggling.

Day 435: January 21, 2011

Photo shoot with two of our favorite models this morning, then Mommy went to a movie with Aunt Sarah, then Uncle Kyle joined us for a quick dinner at our house! And to discuss Mommy's new website!

*the picture is a sneak peek to a craft I made for one of my Pay-it-forward crafters!*

Day 436: January 22, 2011


Secret Mission today, can't talk about it. But we got to visit with Uncle Andrew and Aunt Janet! Then Safina went to Gigi's for a sleepover! Daddy and Mommy had a date night. We went to The Delaware, and it was fabulous. We had a great time!

*I had to post this one too, my little photographer in the making. She was pretending the tripod was the camera! Then she would yell "Cheese"!*

Day 437: January 23, 2011

Helped Gigi shovel her driveway this morning when we picked up Safina. Safina was having a blast "helping" and getting all snowy! Then we ran a few errands, Safina fell asleep in the car immediately, so Tony and I took turns running into different stores to get what we needed, so she could sleep. Then home to re-group, then Safina and I went to Toddle Town for Charlotte's 3rd Birthday Party! The kids had a blast, but it totally wore me out!

*pictures didn't turn out that well, b/c none of the kids would stand still long enough!*

Day 438: January 24, 2011


"Fafafafreezin' Mommy!"
It's pretty cold around here lately, and we had to go to the grocery store. So it was in and out of the car as quick as possible!

Then snuggled on the couch to watch "Boos Coos" or Blues Clues! Look at those eyes! If you look carefully you can see the reflection of the tv in her eye! I love when she plays with my fingers!

Day 439: January 25, 2011


"Oh Darnit" Those are little darlings new words. I can't decide if I don't want her saying it, or if it is ok. Any thoughts?

Day 440: January 26, 2011

Fun playdate with friends this morning, then spent the afternoon painting some fun crafts for Valentines! Then a yummy dinner and a nice long soak in the tub! After the tub, during wrapped-in-a-blanket-cuddle-time, my favorite time, we talked about our day. This is what she said: "I have friends. I love friends!" "My friends are Moyy (Malloy), Gianna, William, Book (Brooke), Madyn (Madelyn), baby Kendee (Kenadee), baby Rex, Jamie, Erin, Ida, Stephenie, mommy (of course there are more, but we could go on forever)!" "See friends, now. Go Mommy!" Much to her dismay I said that her friends were all getting ready for bed too and couldn't play right now. She is so sweet!
*taking a picture of yourself with a timer, and not being able to focus, is really hard. This was the best I could do during the 5 minutes I tried this afternoon!*

Day 441: January 27, 2011
T.H.U.M.B.S. U.P.
She keeps doing this to me at random times. It usually makes sense when she does it, but I am trying to figure out how she learned this. Do I do thumbs up? But it is so cute, b/c she doesn't say anything, she just puts her thumb up!

Day 442: January 28, 2011

Rough day today. Lots of timeout. She kept saying "no timeout mommy, no timeout" and "no naps mommy" I put her in her crib during one situation and she was not a happy camper. I am hoping she will learn from this, b/c she is usually such a good girl!

Day 443: January 29, 2011
"Good morning Sweetheart" is my greeting as I enter Safina's room this morning. I guess she hears me say it enough! "Get down now" and "Go downstairs" are what come next. Her vocabulary is expanding exponentially and her sentences are getting better. I love this little child, she is so precious!
*Some Valentine's presents we are working on!

Day 444: January 30, 2011

Mommy had a photoshoot in the morning, then went to Pearl Street Grill to do Save the Date photos for Kyle and Sarah (not totally successful, but had a fun time). Then home for a lazy evening. Safina isn't feeling well, so lots of snuggling and coughing.
*Uncle Kyle took this picture!

Day 445: January 31, 2011

Safina is really not feeling well today. So we stayed in and I caught up on laundry, and some projects. We painted, played with playdough, and played in the sink! We had a busy day, but it was relaxing. I just hope my baby feels better soon!

1 comment:

  1. January 3: Jamie said: "She looks like such a big girl on that balance beam!"

    January 20: Jamie said: "And some day soon she will see you doing that and run the other way yelling "GROSS do you have to do that?" HAHA! My parents used to clear a room that way!"

    ReplyDelete