
Safina calls herself "Sissy or Sassy" it doesn't come out quite right. When you repeat her name and say, "Safina" she just says Yes! She is also obsessed with apple juice. Everything is apple juice, no matter what you give her, and she tacks on apple in front of everything: apple milk, apple tea, apple shoe...
On a side note I had a fabulous High School Senior Photoshoot today! So excited about it!
Day 296: September 2, 2010

Hit the gym today then ran to wegman's. We got some of the "pop" crackers. Safina loved watching the machine make them, and then she couldn't stop eating them! Yummy!
We had a house showing this evening, which went well, and Safina and I played outside while daddy showed the house.
Day 297: September 3, 2010


Busy day! We had outside playgroup at our house, kiddie pool, sandbox and chalk! So much fun! Then Nonny came and picked up Safina for an overnight visit. My Aunt Urs, Cousin Clio, and Grandpa picked me up and we met my other Aunt Sue for lunch at Le Metro. We had a great lunch and a wonderful visit! After a little break Andrew and Janet picked me up and we went to Grand Island for a Dinner Cruise to celebrate Mom's birthday! We had a wonderful time! It was a beautiful night! So much fun!
*Safina was spinning or as she calls it "pin" with her baby doll!*
Day 298: September 4, 2010

A quiet morning alone. Silence, no one here but me! WOW! Miss Clio (my cousin) came over to visit for a little bit! Then Miss Safina came home from Nonny's (Nonnie's) house and an hour later Gigi came and picked her up for an overnight! Tony and I left for a wedding on Grand Island. What a beautiful ceremony! Then we had some time to kill so we actually had a date! It was so nice to talk to my husband and have his attention! We went to Chee Burger Chee Burger and ate way too much! Then we ran to a store or two to return something, and we found a second doggy for Safina! Then we headed down to Pearl Street, which is where the wedding was. What a great location for a wedding! The food was awesome! The atmosphere was comfortable and very cool! The DJ was great! We had a wonderful time!
Day 299: September 5, 2010


Another quiet morning! At least for a little bit. I had a photo shoot at 10am. Miss Safina returned home, I missed that happy girl! But she was exhausted so she went down for a nap. I ran to the store, and then we got to work fixing up the front of the house. Tony painted the porch, it looks great, and then we weeded, trimmed and re-mulched the front gardens. Then we edged the grass along the path and sidewalk, it looks awesome! Such an improvement, and so nice to have it DONE! After a small break, we got ready for our dinner party with friends! We made Crockpot BBQ Chicken, Lemon Pepper Trout, cous cous, corn on the cob and Aunt Laurel brought a wonderful pasta salad and then cheesecake with raspberry sauce for dessert! Then we all ran around and played ladder ball! Safina had a blast chasing all her Uncles and Aunt. Cosmo (Uncle Tony's dog) was here too, and Safina kept mimicking him, it was hysterical. She couldn't say Cosmo, so she called him "Cashew"! She also got a piggy back ride which she now refers to as PIGGY! We had such a wonderful time!
Day 300: September 6, 2010
YAY! 300 Days of Blogging! I am so impressed that I have stuck with this so long! I love having things journal to look back on and to share with Safina when she gets older. That's it, just had to say that!
We met Aunt Laurel and Uncle Sam at the zoo today! Safina had a BLAST!!! She loved watching all the animals! She said hello and goodbye to all of them. She really loved the monkeys! We had a blast! We ended up having lunch at Wegman's afterwards then headed home, and got ready for a house showing.
Day 301: September 7, 2010



We went to the gym this morning, and Safina ran in, very excited to play with the toys and see her friends! Afterwards we ran to the bank, and as soon as we pull up she screams "SUCKER" she sometimes gets a sucker from the bank tellers, and she never forgets, so she was reminding me ;) A lazy evening, but we had fun jumping on the bed, and cuddled and read books!
*Love these pics of Cosmo from the other day!*
Day 302: September 8, 2010




We are without the car today, so we invited some friends over to play! William came over (while his sister Madelyn went to the doctors) and Malloy and baby Rex joined us as well! The kiddos had such great fun, and a couple times they were actually playing together, it was really sweet! They were working on a puzzle and William asks "where does this go?" and Safina sweetly points to the spot it belongs, and then William placed it there. Then when William had finished the puzzle Safina yells "Yay William! You did it!" and then gives him a high five! It was about the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Lots of Mommy and Safina bonding time today, this kid is just too cute and she totally cracks me up! LOVE HER!
Day 303: September 9, 2010



Welcome to the world Baby Mackenzie! We are so excited that you are here, we can't wait to meet you!
As for us, we had a busy day! We started off dropping daddy off at work then heading to the gym. After gym, a quick shower, and then headed to a playgroup. This one we met at Zillycakes for cupcakes and to play in the park! We had a great time, and I am worn out! After a rejuvenating nap (for Safina) we picked daddy up from work, then went grocery shopping. We had a nice dinner (thank you Wegmans for cooking) and just hung out. I love my little family!
The bottom picture (I just want to point out) are Safina's doggy's. You may remember Doggy's introduction a while back, well he has been getting some lovin' and looking rather sad (and smelly). So we found a replacement, which is now for sleeping and in the house. While the dirty one will go with us on road trips (or out of the house)! Pretty gross how nasty they get, huh! These are identical dogs, that is what the old one looked like when we got it!
Day 304: September 10, 2010



Mommy had a photo shoot this morning followed by baking delicious lemon cupcakes. Then after nap we headed out to Papa's to go for a walk on the beach and collect rocks for Jamie's wedding. We had a great time walking along the water, throwing rocks in the lake, and chasing the birds screaming. Well only Safina did the last part. We had a great visit and Safina loves hanging out in the restaurant, dancing on the dance floor.
Day 305: September 11, 2010



Happy Birthday to Grandpa Victor!!
Gigi came over this morning to watch Safina so that Mommy could go to the gym with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah. What a great workout, I feel wonderful! After Gigi left we got ready for a visit with our buddy Kayleigh. Kayleigh and her family are moving to the Syracuse area so this is the last visit before they move. The girls played so nice together, and they had such a good time! Kayleigh was so sweet hugging Safina when she left. She kept going in for more hugs! Too cute!
After Safina's nap we had a couple come look at the house! They are VERY interested and they said we would hear from them Monday or Tuesday, so we will see!
The last picture she was waiting for Daddy to come home from work. She kept checking and saying "not here". Finally she gave up waiting and ate her dinner!
Then we read Safina's National Geographic Magazine. She LOVED looking at the animals and she kept saying "Zoo" because we had seen them there. She loved the zoo, we need to take her again. She also has a little obsession with Sea Lions right now, it is really funny!
Day 306: September 12, 2010


Started off with a great family walk this morning. We were going to rollerblade, but the weather was a little wet, so we walked instead (thank you William for letting us borrow your stroller). Gigi, Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah joined us! We went to the Amherst Bike Trail and did 4 miles! It was great!
After our open house (Gigi and I went to open houses, while Daddy tried to sell our house), Safina and I ran to the mall. I didn't use a stroller and she did really well walking around. We went to Build-a-bear just to look, and then to Pottery Barn, b/c she likes to play there. Then headed home. She did really great!
When we got home we played and hung out, she was recapping her weekend with me, and I got some of it on tape, it was so cute! Then she was running up and down the kitchen and she kept yelling "Sissy Red Fast" which translates to "Safina runs fast". She is getting better with her colors, she names them well on her own, but when you quiz her she gets them wrong most of the time.
The blue drinks are just an explanation for the kind of week we had... we needed them!
Day 307: September 13, 2010


So the other day we were in traffic, and I was trying to let a car in front of me go, so I waved my hand and said "go go go". So now EVERY time we are at a stop sign or behind a car Safina will wave her hand and say "go go go"! So I have created a road rage backseat driver! YIKES!
We worked on a butterfly craft today! She LOVES painting. She would ask for more colors too and used the right word for the right color! We had a blast!
Day 308: September 14, 2010

I love this little girl beyond all reason and doubt. She is just the coolest thing that has ever happened to me! We started the day off at the gym "Mommy got you". Then went to the post office and mailed letters "bye bye letters". Then we came home and mowed the lawn "Sissy lalamow". After nap we hung out and played with her kitchen "Ding, its ready". And read some great books "Olia" "snort snort". We ended the day with a sweet "Night Night Nerty song" with lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses, I just love it. She melts me each and every day, and I want to hand her the moon and the stars and tell her to fly and be an amazing person!
We picked up daddy at work, and were playing in the office, and she heard him talking to a patient, she turned to me and dramatically said "He's coming!" while making this face... so I had to share!
Day 309: September 15, 2010

Oh what a day! House-palooza! We looked at 9 or 10 houses today! Little Miss came with us, and she did awesome! She started to loose it at the end of the day, but she did really well! We found two houses we liked, but did not love. We are also starting to think it might be worth staying in our house. It is just so nice compared to what is out there. What to do, what to do.
I also baked 6 cakes tonight for the wedding!
Day 310: September 16, 2010
After a grueling gym visit we headed to Steve's Pet Store so that Safina could see/play with the puppies. OMG are those puppies adorable. I wanted to take them all home! Safina loved playing with the one that was in the play yard, and she loved saying hello to all the other animals. We saw kitties, bunnies, ferrets, hamsters, mice, turtles, fish, and birds. And at the end she blew them all kisses and we left. Mommy was busy crumb coating Jamie's wedding cake. I am getting so excited about this. YAY!
Day 311: September 17, 2010

Daddy had the car today, and I ran out of supplies for the cakes. So Safina and I went for a walk and went to 4 stores before finding what we needed. So we finished the cakes up at home, and they were ready for transport, and I put them together down at the reception site this afternoon. It came out great, so excited! Safina was dropped off at Gigi's for a fun filled weekend, while Mommy and Daddy headed down to the Rehearsal for the wedding. After that we went to Root Five for dinner, so yummy! What a great time. So excited for tomorrow!
Day 312: September 18, 2010


Happy Wedding Day Jamie & Jamie! We had a busy day, prepping for the wedding, then dancing the night away! What a great time! Everything was fabulous! Missing my little girl terribly!
Day 313: September 19, 2010


Another busy day! They just don't seem to slow down! We had my friend Amanda over this morning to shave the poor kitty, who's hair is all knotted up, she looks ridiculous, but at least she feels better. Then I ran and picked up Safina from Gigi's house, we had an open house (no one came). Then we went back to Gigi's house for Sarah's birthday party! Yay! Lots of good company, good food, and good fun!
Day 314: September 20, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!! We wish you a fabulous day!
We had a gym date this morning with Aunt Sarah and Safina went to childcare. Sarah and I got our butts kicked in this kick boxing like class. It was nuts! After that Safina and I went to the grocery store, which was a bad idea b/c Mommy was starving and bought all kinds of bad foods. Then after nap we picked up daddy from work and then went to the playground for a little while! Safina loves the playground. Swings and slides, she loves them both! She is so sweet and such a happy fun girl! What a beautiful child! Mommy had a photo shoot this evening and then crashed!
Day 315: September 21, 2010



Today we went Apple Picking with our friends in the mom's group! So much fun watching the kids run around and Safina announcing "Stuck, Stuck" when she couldn't get the apple off the tree. The farm had turkeys (which Safina loved) and goats. Afterward we headed to Cheeburger Cheeburger for lunch. Yummy!
Day 316: September 22, 2010

Stuck at home today, Daddy has the car. We had a playgroup this morning, and it was a small group which was really nice, and the kids all played really nice together. Safina and I just hung out the rest of the day, and Daddy came home really late! What a busy day for him.
Day 317: September 23, 2010

Day 318: Septmeber 24, 2010

Stuck at home today. We hung out and played all day! Daddy came home around 2pm and then we went with him to a meeting, and then we went car shopping. It was a sporadic decision, although we have been talking about it. We looked at a mini van. I know a mini van. Me, Katie, a mini van. Well it is a great car and loads of space. I just can't get over the fact that we are getting a mini van.
Safina LOVED playing in the showroom cars. Pushing all the buttons, pretending to drive, it was adorable, and stroke inducing. Tony and I both had flash forwards to our little girl at 16 behind the wheel. YIKES!!!
Day 317: September 25, 2010


Daddy worked again today so we were stuck at home. Then when he got home we went to pick up our new car! So nuts. So we took it for a little spin, Daddy loves it! I will grow to love it, but part of me misses my Santa Fe, I still can't believe we did this!
Aunt Laurel came over for dinner and a movie while Uncle Sammy and Daddy went out for guys night. We had yummy Thai food, god is that food good. Then Laurel and I watched Salt. It was a pretty good movie.
Day 318: September 26, 2010

Church and Breakfast with Grandma B. and Tino! Safina was so good in church. She would dance when they played music, and she loved sitting and standing. She also saw the candles and said "candles, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! blow" and then she would pretend to blow the candles out. After church we headed to Bob Evans for breakfast and had a nice visit. During Safina's nap Mommy went to the gym with Kyle and Sarah and heard the awesome news that they are engaged too! We are so excited for both of my brothers! They have such wonderful women and I am so excited to have them officially joining the family!
Kyle and Sarah also came over for a spaghetti dinner and then my yummy apple dessert. We hung out and watched a cheesy movie! It was so nice.
Day 319: September 27, 2010

Mommy had a doctors appointment this morning, so Gigi came over to go with me. We dropped Safina off for a playdate with William and Madelyn, and then we dropped Tony off at work. It was a very simple appointment with a pretty crappy conclusion. I am getting my gall bladder removed. Better to take it out now then before any real issues arise. I have gall stones, and so it is recommended they remove my gall bladder, luckily it is a pretty standard surgery and has a very quick recovery, so that is the good news.
I picked Safina up and we headed to playgroup at Gianna and Kenadee's and had a great time with our friends.
Day 320: September 28, 2010

"Stuck" that is Safina's new favorite word. Everything is stuck (she uses it properly) but will make things get stuck just so she can say it.
Got a good workout in at the gym this morning! Then went grocery shopping. I thought doing the grocery shopping after a workout would be great b/c it would save me time, but it turns out to be bad. I buy way too much junk b/c I am hungry. So I may have to rethink my plan of action.
Safina and I went shopping in the afternoon, using all gift cards, so that was awesome!
Day 321: September 29, 2010


Daddy had to work this morning, so Safina and I stayed home and got some stuff done. Safina seems to be getting a little cold, she is all congested, but in pretty good spirits.
In the afternoon we went to the zoo and had a great time. She just loves the animals, especially the sea lions. She was running after them, and then barking back at them.
When we got home, about a 1/2 hour later, she threw up like 5 times all over the place. The poor thing. It broke my heart. She was just looking at me panicked saying "Momma, Momma". She had no idea what was happening. So we calmed her down and put her down for an early bed. Hope my baby is better in the morning.
Day 322: September 30, 2010

Safina wasn't feeling great today, so we stayed home and mommy cleaned the house well little miss Safina was lifeless on the couch. The poor thing. I made cupcakes for my Pampered Chef party Friday night. Safina wanted to help, but I told her she couldn't b/c she was sick. She didn't even argue with me so I know she wasn't feeling great.
**the picture shows what you get when you buy a car!(oh and some chocolate chip cookies)!

No comments:
Post a Comment