Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 2010

Day 263: August 1, 2010

Busy morning cleaning the house, and Safina was such a good little mommies helper (which was more of a pain then a help) but it was so sweet that she wanted to help! We also made yummy ninja cupcakes to take to the party tonight. While we were cleaning she found a cotton ball and would pretend to wipe the nail polish off her babies toes! She is so cute! We headed over to Gigi's for a little family party since cousin Molly is in town! Safina had a ball playing with everyone. Mommy played her first game of can jam, it was pretty fun! I might just play again ;) Safina ate really well too, which shocks me, b/c she has been so picky for a while, but is starting to eat more!

Day 264: August 2, 2010

Off to the Canoe Club in Canada with our cousins today! We picked up Nicole and Frankie, and met Molly, Grandpa and Aunt Jamie up at the beach! We had a great morning playing in the sand and splashing in the water! Safina loved the water, b/c it was really shallow so she could run around in it! She caught the football a few times and the times she missed she would announce "Almost" so sweet! Then as she was paddling around in the water she would look up at me with a great big smile and say "Mommy, fun!" So I know my little angel was having a ball! After a quick bite to eat we headed home, and Safina fell asleep in the car, which lead for a slightly cranky afternoon. New Member meeting tonight for my mommy's group. So I got a much needed night out!

Day 265: August 3, 2010

Hot and Muggy! That is what this summer is! And today did not disappoint. Safina and I went to a playdate at Ella's today! We had a great time playing with the girls! Safina was so tuckered out that she fell asleep on the way home. We had a great day and just played! Safina's vocabulary is really exploding, so we practiced a lot of our new words today.

Day 266: August 4, 2010

Another muggy one! Our buddy William came over today with his Mom and sister! We had a great playdate and Ida and I made some plans to work on some projects! YAY! While they were here William had to use the potty a couple times, and I think Safina was excited that her buddy was using the potty too that she said "mommy, poo poo" so we ran to the bathroom and she pooped in the big potty! Such a big girl! I think in a few weeks when things calm down I am going to potty train. When Safina went down for a nap my friend Jamie came over and we worked on cupcake frosting and toppers for her sisters bridal shower! Yay to crafts! Then she had to take off and get some errands done.

After her nap Safina and I went to the mall for the air conditioning and to return some things! We had a great time browsing and just hanging out. My friendly girl made lots of friends, she said hello to EVERYONE!

Day 267: August 5, 2010




Today we headed over to William and Madelyn's house. Safina had a great time playing with her friends! We really didn't do much today. I did run to the store after bedtime, and scored a pair of dress shoes for $5!!!!

** Safina has really gotten into "feeding" her toys. So today while she was playing I snapped some shots of her "feeding" her birdie!**

Day 268: August 6, 2010

I had a few doctor appointments this morning. Then Safina and I met up at Joann's with William and Madelyn to pick up some supplies for a couple projects that Ida and I are working on. We will fill you in when things become more solid!

After nap we headed out to Papa's for a walk on the beach! Safina had a great time, and she loves her Papa! So cute! After that we dropped her off at Gigi's for the night, while Tony and I headed to some friend's house for a fun night of snacks and wine! We had a great time!

Day 269: August 7, 2010


HEAVEN!!!
Safina had a great time with Gigi! As soon as she got home we headed up to the cottage (Safina slept the whole way!) So we got nap out of the way, and reached the cottage by 1pm. We hit the beach as soon as we got there, and built sandcastles and went swimming, and played catch! Safina had a great time and so did I! We stayed for dinner then headed home! WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!

Day 270: August 8, 2010

Safina loves playing piggies. Where you wiggle your toes and say "this little piggy..." She plays it even by herself. It is so adorable!

Day 271: August 9, 2010



This morning we had our friend Malloy over! The girls had a great time playing. Malloy even got Safina to eat a sandwich! Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah came over for dinner and to help me bake a cake for Gigi's birthday! This is going to be a fun cake! We dyed the layers different colors! Now I just have to figure out how to decorate it.

Day 272: August 10, 2010


** Photo Credit - Uncle Kyle took the cake picture **

Busy day! We had a playgroup this morning and met lots of new friends and their mommies! At some point today Mommy threw out her back. NO idea what I did, but I am in some serious pain. I was supposed to start my cake class tonight, but I had to cancel b/c I can't move. Then I was supposed to go celebrate my moms birthday with the family, but I can't move. So I sent my little girl to represent the family! And let me just start out by saying: I love my little girl! When Gigi came to pick her up tonight, she said "bye mama" gave me a little wave, kisses and a hug, and headed out the door. When Gigi came to drop her off, I peek out the window and see her and I wave and she enthusiastically waves back while beaming an enormous smile all the while saying "Mama, home, kisses, fun" She had a great time with the family tonight celebrating Gigi's birthday and she told me all about it when she got home. My little girl is so unbelievably sweet and adorable and beautiful, and she melts my heart every second, and just when you think you couldn't possibly love her anymore, you do! Your heart just expands and never stops! I am loving motherhood!

Day 273: August 11, 2010


Today we headed to Olcott Beach, to hang out with Tony's Dad, Uncle and his family! We had a great visit and it was so nice catching up! Safina and Justin had a lot of fun chasing each other around and jumping on the bed! We had a yummy lunch, and then had cake celebrating Justin's birthday! Safina helped blow out the candles!

Day 274: August 12, 2010

"Sad" then the lower lip juts out! This is what Safina does when you ask for a kiss! She wants you to pretend that you are sad that she isn't giving you a kiss. Then after you pout, she will give you a kiss! So cute!

We are also working on our colors. So far everything is either Yellow "Yeyyow", Blue "Boo", or Pink! She doesn't seem to be connecting the colors with their actual colors, but her alphabet is going really well! She knows most of the letters and the sound that they make! She has a few favorites, "M, F, H, S, O, A"

Day 275: August 13, 2010

We are playing with our doll house lately, and Safina loves tucking in her little people and singing them the good night song. Then they wake up and she has them go to the potty and wash their hands, and then they get to eat a snack, and they call friends to come over and play! So we do this, over and over, so adorable!

We had playgroup at our house today! Lots of fun with our friends! The kids play so nice together.

Day 276: August 14, 2010

Daddy had to work this morning so it was just us girls hanging out. We hung out outside and mowed the lawn. Safina followed me with her little mower! Then we filled up the kiddie pool and played in that for a little while! She loves taking her baby swimming!

After nap Daddy was home, so we headed to the mall for some errands. We ended up staying and having dinner at Jack Astor's. It was a fun dinner and Safina loves getting her own cup with a straw! She also loved her brownie dessert! Then we headed over to Target to pick up a few more things, and we found an "Olivia" doll. She matches the book, so we had to have her! Safina loves her little Olivia doll!

Day 277: August 15, 2010

**she wanted to take a picture of herself. this is what we got!**
So we have been fascinated with tea lately, pouring everyone a glass and taking sips herself. So this morning she comes up to me, then takes a huge "gulp" from her tea pot, and poofs her cheeks up like she has a super full mouth. And I ask her to swallow it, and she just smiles! She says "no" because that also means nothing. As in there is nothing in her mouth. She is so funny, so now she is taking big "sips" and "holding" it in her cheeks!

Day 278: August 16, 2010

Tony's Aunt spent the night and is hanging out today! We have a very chill day, just hanging out. It was a beautiful day, not as hot and muggy as it has been, thank god! It was a nice change for a bit!

Safina has been helping me make our bed in the morning. It is so cute, she supplies the pillows and Mommy puts them in place! The only problem is she wants to jump all over them when we are done, which defeats the whole purpose. Depending on what is going on, sometimes I let her. Hey you gotta have a little fun in life, right?!?!?

Day 279: August 17, 2010

We had playgroup today and lots of fun playing with our friends. In the afternoon "Uncle" Tony stopped by so we visited with him for a bit. Then Mommy went to Ida's after the kids went to bed to work on some craft projects, but we were missing some stuff, so we didn't get much accomplished, unfortunately.

Day 281: August 18, 2010


"It's a ball", "Almost", "Catch it", "Hockey stick", "Pole", these are the things my two year old is yelling as she runs around the house with a pink care bears hockey stick in one hand and a ball in the other!

On an unrelated note, I got to snuggle a 3 day old baby boy tonight! le sigh! he was so sweet! Congratulations to our friends Erin, Neal and Malloy! Welcome to the world little Rex!

Day 282: August 19, 2010

Getting ready to go up to the cottage (girls only) for the weekend! We are celebrating Jamie's upcoming marriage! I am baking a cake as practice to see if I can make her wedding cake. So Safina is helping me, and that is what we are doing today. She just loves helping in the kitchen.

This evening was Jamie's Bridal Shower. We had a lovely time, so much fun!

Day 283: August 20, 2010

Aunt Janet came over this morning to watch Safina all day! While Mommy headed up to Canada for a fun weekend. Safina and Janet made chocolate chip cookies, and had a fun time hanging out. I enjoyed every moment of sitting on the beach, watching the water, and eating and drinking a TON! What a fun day! I called home around bed time which Safina kept repeating "Mommy, applejuice, kisses" So cute, love my peanut!

Day 284: August 21, 2010



Slow morning, we had too much fun last night! I made a big pancake breakfast for the ladies and we just hung around all morning, the weather wasn't really cooperating, so it wasn't very nice out. Three of the girls had to leave around lunch time, so we packed them sandwiches and sent them on their way! The rest of us continued to veg all day! I love the relaxed atmosphere. No responsibilities, just peace and quiet.

I was to lazy to take any pictures today, so here are some fun ones from last night!

Day 285: August 22, 2010

Up and at'em! Heading home this morning. I didn't sleep very long, so I was dragging and not feeling well this morning. I got home around 10:30am, and had a photoshoot at 11:30. So I rested for a bit, then headed off to do the shoot! Then we got a surprise call for a house showing, so we picked up fast and Safina came home for a nap. After her nap, I snuggled and kissed her for an hour! Not really, but I was so happy to see her. I missed my little angel! So we had a great time and she told me all about her weekend!

As a family we went to Tops to get some random groceries, and they have a little cart that says 'Customer in Training' so we let her push that, she LOVED IT!!!! It was so adorable, she drives like a drunk, but she had a ball pushing it around and filling it with her favorite things! So adorable!

Day 286: August 23, 2010

Playdate at Gianna's this morning! We had a great time with our friends, and I got to snuggle little Kenadee! After nap we ran a few errands, then hung out at home all evening. So nice to be back in the routine.

Day 287: August 24, 2010

Mommy went to the gym this morning, and Safina hung out in the childcare. She did pretty good, but she would cry every 10 minutes or so. My poor baby. When I came back to get her 40 minutes later, she was a mess, sobbing and calling for me. So we hugged for a few minutes, and then she kept saying "bye bye" to the ladies, so that she could go home. This may take some adjusting, but Mommy has to go to the gym! After a shower we made chocolate chip banana bread, then took a nap!

Day 288: August 25, 2010


Today we headed over to Charlotte and Sammy's house! What a fun playdate! Char Char even lent Safina a pair of shoes to use for a few months, they are so cute! After nap, we hit the mall and did some shopping! We got Daddy some new shirts for work, and Safina got a pair of pants and a sneakers. Safina keeps asking for a "do do" which is donut, every time she is in the car. I guess that shows how often we go to Tim's! We gotta stop!

Day 289: August 26, 2010



Started the day with a workout at the gym! Safina did well in the childcare, only cried once. After that we checked in with Uncle Kyle, who is going in for surgery today! (for his knee, everything is ok, just scary, cause surgery is always scary). Then I decided Safina needed some fun, so we went to the park, and she had a great time! She kept asking for William. I tried to tell her he wasn't coming today, but she kept asking! Then later this evening Mommy got a much needed pampering session by getting her hair cut and colored! I feel like a new woman!

Day 290: August 27, 2010



"Hey Guys" That is Safina's new greeting, and her goodbye: "Bye Guys" It is so funny! We went to the gym again today. She did WAY better and didn't cry at all! She actually didn't want to leave. I am so glad she is getting comfortable there. I just feel bad b/c we will be switching gyms in a week or two, and then she will have to get used to that one.

We went over to visit Kyle and Sarah tonight after we hit the home depot. Safina loved pushing the cart around and helping daddy! At Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah's she tortured, I mean played with the kitties! Lilly even let her hold her! She also thought her doggy needed a nap, and so he was placed in the kitty bed!

Day 291: August 28, 2010

Safina is starting to interact with her tv shows. If they say reach up, she will reach up and pretend to grab something. Or if they say dance, she will get up and dance. She also answers some of their questions, and gets upset if the characters fall or get hurt. She also laughs at the right times, so adorable!

Also when we pull into Tim's she goes... "ummmm.... let's see". The first time she did it, we busted out laughing, it was hilarious! I guess we know what we say when we first pull up now!

Day 292: August 29, 2010

"Donal, Mini, Daisy, Goofy" Safina knows all the names of the Mickey Mouse Playhouse, but I don't think she realizes there are two mice. She just calls them "Mini".

Safina hung out with Uncle Kyle this morning so that Aunt Sarah and I could go to the gym! Then after a quick shower, I headed to David's Bridal to help Aunt Janet (to be) find a wedding dress! We found one and she is absolutely stunning in it! SO Excited for them! Yay! Another item to knock off their list! Sorry not gonna post any pictures of her in it, even though she is breath taking!

So I am snuggling my little one before putting her to bed, and we give hugs and kisses, then I put her in her crib, and give her blanket and doggie. She is all tucked in, and I hear a little whisper "kiss?" I love this. I always ask for one more kiss once she is in bed, and now she asks me. So I give her a huge smile, and fight back the happy tears, and she gets her extra kiss! "Bye Mommy" is what she whispers as I leave her room. I am such a sucker for this kid. My heart is melting!

**I am crediting Kyle with this photo, even though my watermark is on it**

Day 293: August 30, 2010

I had a photoshoot this morning that turned into a playdate! So much fun! Then we were busy making some things for a little get together that Mommy was having for her Villa friends!

We had a great visit, until I got a phone call from Tony, his car broke down and he was stranded, so I called AAA and went to get him. I left my friends to visit, at our house, and then we continued to visit when I got back. A small hiccup, but it worked out.

Day 294: August 31, 2010

Drove Daddy to work today, then headed to the gym for an awesome workout, and Safina had a ball at the childcare. Every time we leave she says "Fun, mommy get me, get me, fun!" So she is having fun, but she enjoys the fact that I come back for her! Then we headed over to Malloy and Rex's house for a visit! She kept calling Rex, Baby Rec. She was very happy to see her friend Malloy, and Malloy was more then excited to see her, she kept giving Safina bear hugs! So cute!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited your blog in a while. I love the fall theme!

    ReplyDelete