Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 2010

Day 172: May 1, 2010
Happy Birthday Janice (from afar)!!!

Safina slept much better, thank god! We headed to a moon bounce place this morning, but they were all closed. So we went to check out Paul's office and there just so happened to be a moon bounce in the parking lot for a karate thing going on. So the kids jumped for a few minutes, then we headed back for naps. During the naps, Shannon and I went to get pedicures (ahhh... such a nice break). Then headed back to get ready to go to dinner with Brian and Vanessa.

We drove to Fairfax to enjoy a yummy mexican dinner and walked around a cute plaza that had a water feature that the kids could play in, we tried to get Safina to go in, but she was too scared! She had fun watching the other kids though. Then we headed for ice cream, which Safina LOVED! (of course!)

Then we headed back to Paul and Shannon's and went to bed early!

Day 173: May 2, 2010

Lazy morning! Just hanging out. Did a very small photo shoot of Liam and Emma, they weren't really in the mood and it was kinda hot! But boy oh boy do I LOVE the SUN! It is so much easier to get great crisp shots when you have the SUN! Why do we live in Buffalo again?

We fell into an evil temptation and had burger king for lunch. Then a bunch of our friends from Tony's Optometry school stopped by to hang out and have dinner. We had a great time catching up, and all our kids had a blast playing together! We ordered Papa John's for dinner, as to round out our healthy day of eating!

Around 7pm Tony started to feel very sick, I thought it was just him being anxious or stressed, so he went up to lay down. I found him an hour later throwing up in the bathroom, poor guy. So we called it an early night, and I got Safina to bed, and just hung out quietly in our room. Then I decided to go to bed around 10pm and I wasn't feeling right. Well, whatever Tony has I now have! So we were sharing the bathroom all night. What a long and miserable night. We still have no idea what was wrong, but we didn't get any sleep and were very nervous about our flight the next day. Safina, Thank God, slept through the night and was absolutely fine!

Day 174: May 3, 2010

Safina slept in till 8 am, thank you! While Tony and I tried to recover. We were supposed to drive to Baltimore (our flight was out of BWI) and visit the aquarium, but we were just so tired and sick we decided to try and get some sleep and take turns watching Safina. Our gracious hosts had to head back to work, but they were so sweet to let us stay and recover. So we headed to the airport around 4pm (the drive is about 1 1/2 hours), it took us about 2 hours with the traffic. Not too bad. Our flight didn't leave till 9pm though, and we arrived at the airport at 6pm.

So we check in and check the baggage, and then go to get through security and Tony had left his wallet in his baggage. SO, we had a small panic thinking he wouldn't be able to get home, but they just did a background check on him, and asked him a bunch of questions, and then he got the full pat down (if he was feeling better he probably would have enjoyed it, hahahah, just kidding). So it didn't take too long, and he was able to get through security. So we walked around a bit and just hung out at the gate, trying to keep Safina happy.

We boarded the plane, praying there would be some empty seats, but it was a full house, bummer! Safina fussed A LOT for the first 30 minutes of the flight, she just didn't want to sit still anymore. Then she finally fell asleep. Thankfully the flight was only an hour long.

Andrew picked us up and got us home, we were pretty quiet and out of it, from not feeling well and the travel, so I hope he wasn't offended. Thank you Uncle Andrew for the ride home! Off to bed everyone!

Day 175: May 4, 2010

RECOVERING!

Tony called in sick, since we were both really miserable. Hopefully a low key day will help. Not to mention I did something to my neck while traveling, and I can't move very well. We chilled most of the morning, unpacking, and just getting re-acquainted with our couch! Still haven't eaten much, everything makes me feel ill and makes my stomach queasy... ugh! After Safina's nap we went grocery shopping. I didn't buy much, b/c nothing was appealing, so that helped with the bill!

Safina has started answering questions, not sure how good the answer is though. If you ask her if she wants to eat, she will say yes or no. And when you give her options on what to eat she will say yes, but then not want it, etc. So not a very reliable answer, but it is so cute to hear her tell you what she wants!

Then later in the evening Uncle Andrew and Aunt Janet came over to play for a bit, and Gigi stopped by to say hello as well! Then off to bed for little miss! While mommy tried to get her neck to feel better.

(I don't know what it is about this hat, but I LOVE taking pictures of it!)

Day 176: May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Snuggling... As I am catching up on my posts, I am letting Safina watch her Wow Wow Wubbzy show that she loves, no WORSHIPS! She is nuts about this show. But I digress, I love how she is snuggled up next to me with her head on my lap and her butt in the air. I just wish I had my camera handy to get a shot, she is just so sweet! I don't say it enough: Man I love this kid!

We had a buddy, Kayleigh over for lunch (and her Mom, Kim). The girls played outside for a few minutes, then saw the cat inside and decided that would be more fun! That had a great time running around after each other, Safina was giggling so hard she fell over a couple times. Then they were so cute when they waved good bye to each other and hugged!

In the afternoon I did a few more shots of our friend Katie's belly, since baby boy will be coming soon! She is so gorgeous! I even got to try out my new blue background... LOVE IT!!!

Now off for a dip in our pool! (aka Hot Tub)

Had a great dinner and visit with my friend Janice! It was so nice to catch up with her! Miss our chats so much! Hugs to my dear friend!

Day 177: May 6, 2010

Safina's verbal skills and comprehension seem to really be taking off lately. It is so amazing to watch, and so cool to see her learning and communicating! She is also finding limitations with her vocab and gets frustrated. But she is just the sweetest thing, and she is aware when she goes potty, and brings me a new diaper, so now we need to work on the toilet part!

We had a playgroup this morning, and were able to meet some new members! Lots of new babies! I even got to hold Madelyn for a while, it was the longest she has ever let me hold her. Interestingly, Safina kept putting her hands up in the "hold me" gesture, and climbed on the couch and weaseled into my lap while I was holding Madelyn, so we obviously have some "this is my mommy" issues!

Day 178: May 7, 2010



Tony had to work this morning at his practice, but had the whole afternoon off. Safina and I just hung out around the house, picking up stuff, doing laundry and playing.

Later in the afternoon, Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah were going to a movie, so mommy tagged along and daddy stayed home with Safina! We went to see Iron Man 2. It was really good. It was so nice to get out of the house, and to not have to worry about anyone else! Since we went to a matinée, we walked around the mall after just for something to do.

On my way home I stopped and grabbed subs for Tony and I for dinner. Then we had a nice dip in the hot tub!

Day 179: May 8, 2010

Daddy had to work again this morning. So not much going on. I called the AAA guy to come tow Tony's car, but he was able to get the spare on it, so now we need to drive it out to the mechanic.

This afternoon we dropped off Safina at Gigi's for a little bit, while we met the real estate agent to look at a couple houses. Unfortunately, they were awful houses. So we aren't sure what to do. We keep teetering on the sell/don't sell line for our house. Ugh what to do!

After Safina went to bed, I went to the grocery store! What a wild Saturday night!

Day 180: May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Tony let me sleep in for a 1/2 hour, which was nice. Then he helped with some dishes. After everything was cleaned up, I made breakfast for his mom. Then after the visit I cleaned up from breakfast, and we drove around a little to check out a couple houses, no luck. Then we headed to Gigi's for dinner. We had such a great visit! Safina just loves being with her Gigi, Uncles's and Aunts!

Day 181: May 10, 2010

Well we are down to one car right now. Tony's car has a flat, so we need to take it into the shop tonight. So Safina and I dropped Daddy off at work then came home and got ready to go to playgroup at Jamie's. We had a great visit with our friends then came home and took a nap (well Mommy worked, but still).

In the afternoon Safina and I just played until it was time to go pick up Daddy.

After dinner Uncle Sam and Aunt Laurel came over to pick some stuff up for their BBQ this coming weekend. So we were able to visit with them for a little bit, that was really nice! Then we took Tony's car out to the Mechanics to get fixed.

Day 182: May 11, 2010

"One, Two, Three"

Safina has started counting. With help she can get to 10. She doesn't understand the counting part, but she says the numbers. I keep working on it with her, and sometimes she just randomly starts counting like she did today in the car. Too cute!

We had a fun playdate with our friends which ended with lunch at Cheesecake Factory, but it was kinda chaotic, b/c we went so late that the kids were pretty tapped out.

I was so tired, that I didn't get much accomplished the rest of the afternoon. At 5 we went to pick up Tony from work and take him to his chiropractor appointment, then we went to go pick up his car. So that was a long evening for little miss being stuck in the car.

I have so much work to do, but I am just so tired, and I am not motivated. I really need to start working out, I think that will get me some energy back.

Day 183: May 12, 2010

Mommy had a photoshoot this morning of a little boy who I had done pictures of at 2 weeks old! He is almost 6 months now! Where does the time go?

Afterwards, Safina and I met up with our mommy group friends at Cheeburger! Yummy lunch with fun friends, but I forgot to take my camera out! Then we headed home for a nap!

After dinner Mommy decided she needed a break. SO I went shopping! Didn't really get anything fun, just wanted to get out for a while by myself.

Day 184: May 13, 2010



Lazy morning! I did however do a workout, and it felt good. Safina even did some of it with me. It was so cute! Afterwards we had lunch on the patio, but she was so distracted she didn't eat much. Not such a great idea! During her nap I was able to get some work done, but I really need to focus and get more accomplished.

We then headed to the bank and then the park, but it was drizzling, so we decided the park was a bad idea! :( BOO!

Later in the afternoon we went to look at a house. It was really nice, but just didn't fit our needs.

(disclaimer, she did eat the veggie/fruit portion of her lunch)


Day 185: May 14, 2010

Another Friday another date with the dentist for mommy! I am so sick of the dentist! More work to be done (I have a trouble tooth and we are trying to figure out how to fix it without going the root canal or crown direction). So I don't mind too much if it avoids those scary things!

After that we ran to Home Depot, since we are trying to finish up some last minute things with the house. We officially put it on the market today (well Zillow) I will be calling America's Choice on Monday. We are having an open house next Sunday! YIKES!

In the early afternoon I had a photo shoot of an adorable little boy, then we headed to meet the real estate agent at a house, which turned out to be a foreclosure, I didn't realize. It had a lot to offer, but we aren't sure it is "the" house. After that Daddy dropped Mommy off for her massage, a much needed massage! Then we just laid low for the rest of the evening!

Day 186: May 15, 2010

"one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen! YAHHH" So Safina can count to 13, which coincidentally is the number of stairs up to her bedroom. Guess what we count as we go up to her room every time! She is so adorable... I am just concerned I have stopped counting on a weird number and that it might screw her up... So should I stop at 10 or go to 15 or something?

We had a busy day today. Mommy went to a photography class this morning and Uncle Kyle came over to watch Safina. The two of them had a ball! Then after Safina's nap we headed over to Aunt Laurel and Uncle Sam's for a bbq! There were other kids there so Safina had a great time playing with everyone! And we enjoyed catching up with our good friends! We got home around 8:30 and Safina was filthy from playing so hard, so we threw her in the tub, then rushed her up to bed. She was out like a light!

Day 187: May 16, 2010

Safina was up early today! So we are all a little dragging. I made a yummy pancake and turkey sausage breakfast! Safina ate it all up, and kept throwing these "I am too cute" looks at us, so that she could watch a "show". Boy do these kids learn quick!

Daddy is working on some things around the house, and I am fixing up some images, while Safina is playing! The sun is out, we are hoping for a gorgeous day!

Aunt Jojo (Joella) came to play this afternoon. Mommy was able to catch up with her good friend, and in turn, Joella was keeping my little angel occupied while I tore apart the basement, which now looks worse then when I started, ugh!

I pulled out a huge pile of stuff to sell and a huge pile of garbage and now the place looks like a bomb went off. I need to get this house in tip top shape for our open house next weekend. UGH! But at least it will be clean ;)

Oh and then after dinner Safina and I went for a dip in our "pool". She just LOVES the hot tub! We had a great time! Then watched daddy paint the steps coming up to the side door, it looks awesome! I think we might paint the front porch too!

Day 188: May 17, 2010

Monday, Monday!

We had another early morning, so Safina and I headed to Target to get some essentials and some non-essentials, how can you not when you go to Target! After that we headed to the park for a play date. What a great time! I love this playground, good find ladies! We met some new friends in the mom's group and played with our "old" friends! Safina was so tired though, she looked like she would fall asleep in the swing! So we left early and went home for a nap!

Day 189: May 18, 2010

Started the day off with a photo shoot, then did some editing while little miss took a nap! After nap we went to go look at a house. I liked it very much so we are going back tomorrow with Daddy. Then we went to the grocery store. Gigi rescued me tonight by taking Safina for a few hours so I could get some stuff done around the house. I am starting to stress about our Open House on Sunday...

Day 190: May 19, 2010

Playgroup at our house today! Safina had a great time with all her friends, and Mommy enjoyed catching up with all the moms! Daddy was home early today (it was his half day) and a person from America's Choice came out to put our home on the market. You heard that correctly, ON THE MARKET, as in FOR SALE!!!

Then Gigi came and had Safina come play at her house, while we went to look at a house. We liked it and it had tons of room, etc. But we aren't ready to buy anything until we sell our house. So we are waiting to see what happens with that and hopefully we will find THE house soon after!

Day 191: May 20, 2010

A beautiful day in Buffalo! We met our friends Jamie and Gianna for some play time in the park! Then we had a nice picnic lunch, well, we tried. Safina didn't want to sit still! Then we came home and she took a nice long nap! I love play time in the park! After nap, Safina and I played in the sandbox then took a dip in the "pool". We had a great time playing in the backyard. Safina discovered her shadow, and was having fun chasing it all over! So cute!

After Safina went to bed, Mommy had a friend over and they crafted while watching a movie. I re-upholstered two of our dining room chairs. Only 4 more to go! They look great! Feeling so accomplished!

Day 192: May 21, 2010

"Swimming" with breast stroke arm movements! That is how I was greeted this morning. I went to get Safina out of her crib and she was ready to go swimming. She kept trying to pull her clothes off so she could put her suit on. She was so cute! After breakfast our buddy Malloy came over for a bit (so her mom could go to the doctors). So the two girls played so nicely. Malloy kept giving Tony a look b/c he is her eye doctor, it was pretty funny!

After that we headed out to Root Five to visit Papa and have lunch! We also went for a walk on the beach and threw stones! Safina just loves her Papa, and she kept saying it over and over, I am sure it made his day!

Day 193: May 22, 2010

"Come on Gigi" Safina's first sentence! Gigi came to pick her up and she was putting her shoes on. Then she ran to the door and said "Come on Gigi"! She was ready to go! So adorable!

We had been cleaning all day and poor Safina was BORED! Thankfully Gigi came and saved her after her nap! Tony and I continued cleaning, then took a break to have dinner at Andrew and Janet's what a nice treat! It was very yummy. So we got to hang out with my bros and their girls for the night! Then home for more cleaning!

Day 194: May 23, 2010

OPEN HOUSE TODAY! Yikes! Cleaning and working on the yard all morning getting ready! Then the house was "perfect" so Tony and I just relaxed and played video games, so nice to just chill. Then it is 1pm. Time for people to come.
1:15pm... no one here yet
1:30pm... no one here yet
1:45pm... still no one, someone better come OR I am going to be PISSED!
2:00pm... FINALLY our first viewer!
We had 6 people/families come through, which was a pretty decent turn out! We will see what happens!

Miss Safina came home around 5pm, which Mommy and her then went swimming in the hot tub! I just love this kid, she is so cute! We had a ball! Then she ran around naked in the yard for an hour!

Day 195: May 24, 2010





"Let's go people" We headed over to Gianna's house this morning for a nice swim in their pool! G, Malloy and Safina, had a great time getting wet and running around! Our little bathing beauties! Thanks for having us over!

Day 196: May 25, 2010




"Safina how old are you going to be on your birthday" "TWO" followed by her trying to hold up her two fingers!

We had a fun water playdate this morning! Malloy had a pool and some water pads and all kinds of fun stuff for the kiddos! We had a blast! Not to mention the delicious muffins, that my daughter snuck up and stole! I think she loved them too!

*The dinner picks are from last night. I just loved how the light was hitting her hair. And the other two were her goofing around while I was doing some work. The one she is sitting on the chair totally reminds me of me. It is kinda creepy!"

Day 197: May 26, 2010

A quiet morning, no plans! Safina and I hung out in the backyard and used chalk, blew bubbles, played in the sandbox, and went for a swim! In the afternoon we hung out with daddy then went to Gigi's house for dinner to visit with Great Grandpa! Safina was getting a bit crabby so we had to leave early.

Day 198: May 27, 2010

Safina went to the mall this morning, to find Safina a bathing suit! And we found one! It is so adorable! We also stopped in and visited "Uncle" Tony at work. We had fun just walking around and window shopping. Then we headed home for a nap. Mommy did something to her back at some point and is in pain! In the afternoon we played outside some more, but Mommy couldn't do much, her back hurt so bad! Safina enjoyed a popsicle and kept trying to say it and ask for another one. The rest of the night was quiet, Daddy went to help "Uncle" Brian move.

Day 199: May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Papa! Spent the day running errands and hanging out! We love when Daddy is home on Fridays! The only bad thing was I hurt my back somehow yesterday, so I really couldn't move much, its pretty painful!

Day 200: May 29, 2010


YAY! Happy 200 Post's Day!

I can't believe I have been able to keep up with this for 200 days! GO ME! Today my back is even worse then yesterday. But Safina and I are supposed to go up to the Crystal Beach Cottage... thankfully Uncle Andrew, Aunt Janet, and Uncle Kyle all came up with us as well. So they could chase Safina and do the heavy lifting! We had a great visit with my Aunt Jamie, Uncle Paul and Grandpa J! So nice to relax on the beach! Good times! Safina even stayed pleasant without a nap. We left around 5pm. And the minute we pulled out of the driveway she was asleep! Later on this evening Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah came over to watch a movie and have dinner with us! We saw "The Book of Eli", what a great movie! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Denzel's sunglasses!

Day 201: May 30, 2010


A nice quiet morning, then we spent the rest of the day getting ready for our Memorial Day party! Lots of errands to run. We did lots of work in the back yard and set up for the party! Safina was such a big helper! We had a great day as a family! Safina is really expanding her vocab and is looking more grown up by the day! Where did my baby go! After all our hard work, I was pooped and passed out on the couch at 9:30pm.

Day 202: May 31, 2010



Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the men and women who sacrificed for us.

Did some prepping this morning to get ready for the party! Then PARTY TIME! We had a blast, everyone had a great time! And the kids played hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment