
Snow has arrived! How fitting that it waited till December First! I am so not ready for this, but so glad that it waited until now at least! Ugh... winter... ugh! I used to love winter, now I loathe it... what happened?
Day 22: December 2, 2009

Today we had a little friend over for a photoshoot! She was simply adorable! Safina was napping when she got here, but was able to play once we were done taking pictures, and she had woken up! Other then that we just hung out around the house. Getting ready for the trip!
Day 23: December 3, 2009

Errands, Errands, Errands! Way too much running around to do! Poor Miss Safina was exhausted but hung in there with me! We even sneeked in to have lunch with daddy! Then we spent the afternoon cleaning, organizing, packing, etc! Then as a special treat, Safina and I got to meet William's new little sister! Madelyn is super adorable! She is so sweet! Love her already!
Oh and on a side note, Safina has learned how to crawl under the kiddy gate! We are in so much trouble!
Day 24: December 4, 2009

Last few things to get in order before we leave! But we had a nice snow fall this morning and I couldn't resist taking Safina out to play in the snow for a little bit! She LOVES it! I am going to miss this kiddo so much while we are gone! I know she is going to have a fabulous time with Gigi though!
Day 25: December 5, 2009

UP and AT 'EM! Got up at 4am this morning to get to the airport for our flight! Everything went smoothly! Easy flights, did all carry-on so saved a ton of money, and made travel easy and quick! Our resort was only 15 minutes from the airport, which was perfect! We were checked in and sipping a refreshing drink by 3pm! Let me just say, I love my ipod touch! I listened to music and read on the plane, without the bulk of books! Tony played a couple of the games too, so it was a great companion! hehehe!
Day 26: December 6, 2009

Oh the view! LOVE IT HERE!!! so warm, sunny, and relaxing! Sunbathing, reading, frozen drinks, FLIP, and repeat!
Day 27: December 7, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Tony! There were so many people at the resort celebrating their birthdays as well! Kinda crazy!
Day 28: December 8, 2009

More of the same, and not even bored!
Day 29: December 9, 2009

I told you we didn't do anything!
Day 30: December 10, 2009

We had professional pictures taken of us while we were there, since we haven't had any done since our wedding. It was kinda fun, but making me wish I had lugged my camera with us. Oh how fun to take pictures with such great scenery and lighting!
Day 31: December 11, 2009

Back to reality! But so glad to see my little girl! That was really the hardest part about the trip! I missed her so so so much! I think I kissed and hugged her all day long today. Arriving home to snow was not a fun thing either. I miss the sun already!
*I had to post one more pic from the trip. so not ready to be back in the cold!
Day 32: December 12, 2009

Wishing I hadn't booked two photoshoots today, b/c I want to snuggle with my little girl all day! But busy day taking pictures, while Safina played with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Sarah! We had a weird day, lots of coming and going. Uncle Andrew and Aunt Janet also stopped by to hang out! In the evening, Sarah and I made some cut out cookies! YUMMY! While Safina enjoyed the batter!
Safina is talking more and more, and she is understanding so much! She now knows the noises for: dog, monkey, bird, cow, and bear. She says, Hi, Bye bye, and Up very clearly. She also says Tickle, and loves blowing kisses, waving and clapping! She is such a ham!
Day 33: December 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Tony! I had a surprise birthday party for Tony today (it was just his family). We had a nice lunch and yummy cake! A nice celebration for a 30 year old ;) hehehehhe!
Day 34: December 14, 2009

Safina showing me where her eye is! Future Optometrist???
Another day in cold Buffalo! I don't think we did much today, just picked up around the house, worked on some pictures, etc.
Day 35: December 15, 2009

Daddy doesn't like it when I play with the camera, well when he is the subject matter!
Cha-ching! Tried to finish up our christmas shopping this morning. Almost done! Just a few more things, but I have no clue what to get...UGH! While Safina was napping I decided to start wrapping presents. Unfortunately she took a short nap, and I didn't feel like putting all the wrapping stuff away, so she helped me wrap presents the rest of the afternoon! We got everything wrapped! and a few things un-wrapped ;) Overall it was a very productive day!
Day 36: December 16, 2009

Playgroup today! Yay! We haven't had one in so long! Safina had a couple of her buddies over today to play! While the mommies traded yummy christmas cookies! So delish! Safina awarded me with another long nap today! What is going on? Wish I knew so that I could have been more productive!
Day 37: December 17, 2009

Lots of photo shoots today! So much fun! Our buddy William came over with this new baby sister Madelyn so we could take some pictures of them! We missed our buddy! Hopefully we can play more soon!
Day 38: December 18, 2009

Mommy had to work today! I had a meeting with my boss who I do graphic design for. It was nice to be out of the house (sans baby) and feel like I was contributing to society! After that it was a lazy day at home!
I was playing with Safina's hair this afternoon and actually managed to get it into a ponytail... sort of... almost! ;)
Day 39: December 19, 2009

"She works hard for the money, so hard for it honey!" You guessed it, working today! Two photo shoots! Man I love this, I get to play with babies and kids all day! Such a fun job! After the photo shoots, we had a lazy afternoon then caught up with Uncle Andrew and Aunt Janet for dinner at Mr. Bills. We felt like trying something new. We weren't terribly impressed, but it is more like home cooking then restaurant food. The service was friendly, but so slow... it took us 2 hours for our dinner, and poor Safina almost didn't make it, but she is a trooper and she hung in there and did so well! Thank god for bubbles!
Day 40: December 20, 2009

You guessed it, working again today! One last photo shoot before Christmas! This one was for good friends and their family! Actually they are better then good friends, they are Safina's Godparents! I met them at the Botanical Gardens and we had a great time walking around and taking pictures in front of all the fun greenery!
This afternoon Safina was reading one of her touch and feel books, and apparently I wasn't touching enough for her so she grabbed my hand and showed me how! I about died, she is so adorable! I do that to her, so she was showing me! She could not be any cuter. She also said cracker (which my mom taught her) and cup! I think she also quacked like a duck. She also blows kisses that are simply to die for!
Day 41: December 21, 2009

Yay! Play date today! We went over to our new friend Gianna's house! Safina loved Gianna's fish! We had such a nice visit and a very yummy lunch (grilled cheese and tomato soup!). Thanks for the wonderful visit ladies! I just realized I did not pull my camera out and snap pictures of our adorable little girls! Next time!
In the afternoon we ventured to Wegman's but we went to a different one, not the one we normally go to. Never Again! I cannot navigate other Wegman's I always miss or forget things. So I still need to go to the grocery store, but I don't want to! Oh and we ran into Santa and Mrs. Claus on our shopping trip. Safina was curious from a distance, but totally was not cool about it when he got too close!
Day 42: December 22, 2009

Today we had another play date! This time Ida, William and Madelyn came over to our house to hang out! William is such a riot, the two of them are so funny together. Their favorite thing is "falling down"! Love these kiddos they are so stinkin' cute!
Day 43: December 23, 2009

Trying to get all my photo shoot pictures edited before the big day (meaning Christmas). Doesn't look like it is going to happen though. Way too much work and not enough time to do it! Thank god I have everything else ready for Christmas, b/c otherwise I would have nothing done!
We are off to our friends house this evening to watch the Sabres game and eat some pizza! Looking forward to catching up with them, and Safina loves playing with all the doggies!
Day 44: December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve! Today we had a bunch of little stuff to do to get ready for Christmas. In the afternoon we met Tony's family at church and then went back to their house for a very yummy dinner and a lovely visit. Miss Safina stayed up as late as she could, but ended up falling asleep in a crib that Tony's aunt set up! We were there till Midnight! I was exhausted!
Day 45: December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! What a great day! We had my brothers and their girlfriends over and My mom and her friend over for breakfast and opening gifts! Safina made out like a bandit and had so much fun! She is loving all her new toys, while mommy is trying to figure out how to organize them! :)
We all had a wonderful Christmas and got lots of wonderful things, thank you everyone! After our busy morning we went to Great Grandma's for dinner. It was a very nice visit and Safina worked her magic and charmed everyone! She looked so adorable in her pretty blue dress (even though she didn't really like wearing it).
Day 46: December 26, 2009

Oh thank god a lazy morning. We had a very lazy morning just enjoying the quiet (well except for all of Safina's new noisy toys)! Then we went out to Dad and Kathy's for our Christmas exchange. We had a great visit and Safina had so much fun running around and playing, she loved the step on the back porch of the house! She also got a hobby horse (the head horse on a stick) and was "riding" that all over! She did great even though she missed her nap. So we headed home for a nap and then Daddy had a Christmas Fashion Show and tried on all of his new stuff! Later we went over to Aunt Janet's and Uncle Andrew's to visit with some old childhood friends! So much fun to catch up and Safina did great, she stayed up till 10pm! What a great Christmas and a wonderful week!
Day 47: December 27, 2009

So all the new toys being EVERYWHERE was driving me nuts so while Gigi was over playing with Safina I ran to Target to remedy the problem. I purchased a california closet cube thing, which is working out great! I will post a picture soon!
Later today we had some of my good friends form High School over to catch up and hang out! It was a great time and we had a super visit! We even splurged (on calories) and got Antoinette's Sundaes! Sharyn also was encouraging my daughter to pick her nose... Thanks Aunt Sharyn!
Day 48: December 28, 2009

This one is for Aunt Sharyn... thank you so very much!
Had a super photo shoot with little Sophia, who is an absolute doll! Then we were snowed in for the rest of the day!
Day 49: December 29, 2009

Play date today! Safina and I ventured to a friends house for a get together and Safina was able to play with all of her little friends! We had a great time! After that Kyle and I had a "work" meeting, working on a new logo for Tony's work. After that Safina and I met a friend at their new apartment/house to design the closets and then took them to my old showroom to show them the products! It was so weird being back in the closet business. Then to top it off Safina and I ran to Carter's and Targer where we scored some great deals on lots of great stuff! Yay for shopping, and Yay for a busy day, I am wiped... time for bed!
Day 50: December 30, 2009


Grandpa was going to come over to work on our new basement stairs today, but that fell through, so we went to the grocery store instead! Then home for a nap (well for Safina). I decided to take down the Christmas Tree and re-organize the house a bit. It felt good. I have been feeling so cluttered lately. So the house is moved around a tad and I feel great! Funny thing was when I got Safina up from her nap, I had her on the changing table, and I was telling her how I took down the tree and she goes "ho ho ho", I was in shock. She actually put Christmas tree and santa together! So fun watching all of this come together for her! Wow, my little girl is really growing up!
We also received an absolutely adorable Kimono from my cousin Clio who is in China this year teaching English! It is absolutely adorable! I tried to get a picture of Safina in it, but she was not cooperating. So I will try again! It is a bit big, but she will grow into it! Thank you Clio, we love it, it is absolutely perfect! Hugs to you!
Day 51: December 31, 2009

"En guard!" Wii Resort Fencing!
Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a fabulous 2010!
We had a nice little get together with some friends, ate way too much food, played wii and watched The Hangover! Nice and low key just the way we like it ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment